Future Quilting Tours
- Created on Thursday, 17 September 2015 01:02
A Fusion of East Meets West
After a hugely successful 2015 retreat, Wacky Jacky's is delighted to announce that we are bringing to you a 2016 "Helen Godden Retreat" due to popular demand.
This is a unique opportunity to experience the fusion of two artistic power-houses from two worlds apart. We have combined the amazing talents of the multiple international award winning Helen Godden with one of Bali’s most famous batik artist instructors, Nyoman Warta, to take you on inspirational journey where you will discover new techniques and learn valuable insights from the industry’s best.
Your experience will begin with Helen taking you on a cultural photographic expedition to stir up your creative juices and guide you through the process of how to apply your inspiration to your project. Helen will combine her talents in visual arts and free-motion quilting with the traditional art of Balinese tjanting from Nyoman to teach you a truly unique art form that few have ever seen.
This is a relaxing retreat over 10 days that has been design to allow you to wind down and get in touch with your creative spirit. We will be staying in the beautiful seaside village of Candidasa where you will have access to Wacky Jacky’s fabric shop and supplies. Limited sewing machines are available but you are more than welcome to bring your own.
Your retreat will be hosted by Jacky Wyatt from Wacky Jacky’s. Jacky is a seasoned traveller and has been going to Bali for over 26 years. She has a wealth of knowledge of Bali customs, traditions and loves nothing more than showing off the best of this majestic island. Jacky has been a quilter for over 15 years, a quilting instructor for over 6 years and has been hosting quilting retreats in Bali for the past 3 years.
This retreat has strictly limited positions – so get in quick if you are interested.
- Price includes return flights from Brisbane* – we can cater for alternate departure points.
- Return transfers from airport to hotel
- Triple, Twin share or Single supplement accommodation in boutique hotel in the seaside village of Candidasa.
- Breakfast daily
- 2 lunches on dyeing and free motion quilting days
- Access to Wacky Jackys Bali fabric shop at special VIP discounted rates
- Plenty of good quality local restaurants, shops and jewellery stores to browse through.
- Our beautiful local staff will gladly cut your fabrics for you
- 7 day workshop with Helen Godden and Nyoman Warta; Including:
- Cultural photographic expedition,
- Visual arts lesson - Transferring inspiration into art,
- Tjanting Lessons – Learn the traditional Balinese art of tjanting,
- Batik Dyeing Lessons – Applying colours layers with wax resistant dyeing,
- Free-motion Quilting Lessons – Apply motion, texture and colour to your art quilt.
* Flights departing from locations outside of Brisbane may incur an additional fee for transfers from Denpasar airport and also may be subject to additional charges
04 –13 July, 2016 (10 day retreat)
Triple Share:- $3090
Twin Share:- $3390
Single Supplement:- $3590
Not including in price
Apart from the breakfasts and lunches included above, all lunches and dinners are at your own expense.
To Secure Your Position
To secure your position a $1200 deposit will be required. You must contact Jacky directly to pay this deposit as this is not currently available on the website.
A 2nd instalment of $1200 will be due prior to the 15th Jan 2016
Your final instalment (balance of total) will be require prior to the 15th April 2016
Cancellations made prior to the 15th Jan 2016 will incur an administration fee of $150.
All other cancellations are as per our cancellation policies on our website.
IMPORTANT: Wacky Jackys does NOT supply travel insurance. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND you get travel insurance that best suits your individual requirements.